Saturday, June 19, 2010

Prevailing Orange

Last night, I dreamed all about weird things. Something was happening, and so I had to go from room to room in this labyrinthine house. Once I got to each room, I think I had to do something with the computer there before either lava filled the room or it exploded or something. It's pretty unclear.

Later, I was in a large supermarket, desperately trying to nab groceries that had yellow or orange packaging. A girl I knew but can't remember now came to try and help me, and started putting pieces of bread in a bag for me, while also helping some strangers on the other side of the aisle. We had a hot dog, and shared it, dipping it in ketchup on the plexiglas covering the bread bin.

Somehow I ended up in a theater, sitting beside my sister Bryn. Bryn was sitting directly behind some girl I used to go to school with, and thought that this girl had done her hair very nicely that evening. Bryn kept discreetly smelling the girl's hair. I caught a whiff of it from time to time, and it was a very nice smell, reminding me of several of this world's finest fruits. All the while, it was like we were watching a film, but my point of view kept switching from being a watcher in the seats to actually being in the film.

In the film, my other sister Alison was talking to a dance instructor about getting funding for a show that she wanted to do. All the dance artists were sitting on a swinging gate in their bodysuits, placidly listening to the conversation. One time when I was taken back to the theater, something significant happened off to my left, but now I can't remember what it was.

Suddenly, I was transported to a small, bowl-shaped valley where a spaceship was kicking up spray of a circular lake. Two spindly aliens were getting blasted by this spray, and were not too happy about it. They jumped forward when the spaceship turned around, a broke a hole in the windshield, somehow working their way inside. I then became Peter Griffin from Family Guy, but with an out-of body experience. I watched myself being thrown out of the ship, and then I walked around the edge, perhaps trying to find another way back in. The aliens inside tried their best to stop me, spraying my face with a cloud of orange gas. I struggled on further, trying to make my way around the edge (all this time, the ship was floating on this small lake). They blasted me with the gas again, and I fell down, succumbing to the fumes. I tumbled off the edge of the ship, but was somehow still coherent enough to beseech a group of strange, spidery animals on the deck to aid me in getting back on the ship. They entered the water and supported my body, lifting me bit by bit back up.

Then my sister Ali woke me up, saying I didn't have much time to get ready for church.

2 comments:

  1. i like it! very interesting...especially the part about discreetly smelling the girl's hair, haha. also i really like the blog layout and the fuzzy picture cuz it resembles how dreams are fuzzy when you try to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird! I love the part where something significant happened off to your left. That's so great. Also, I agree with Bryn's comments about the blog layout and picture. Nice effect.

    ReplyDelete