Monday, June 21, 2010

Fire Station Hotel

In the only part of my dream that I can remember from last night, I was working at a fire department office. It was evening, and we were sorting through all of the problems of the day before I was allowed to go home. Since I was done my work early, I was tasked by my supervisor with going into the lot out back and picking a random vehicle to practice driving. I guess the idea was to gradually get me to have experience driving every sort of vehicle we had. So I went to the key rack and got one for a suburban.

The only problem was that the aforementioned lot only had other people's vehicles, not ours. When I came back inside and protested that I couldn't find the suburban, my friend Alex took me on a search through the nearby hotel to look for the parking lot. Apparently, this hotel had a somewhat broken elevator, and we had to ascent for several stories before it went back down to the underground parking. Alex told me that we actually kept our vehicles underground, and so when we got far enough down, he told me that we were there.

When we entered the underground lot, all I could see was storage in every direction around me. I tried walking around some of it to find the suburban, but instead found myself in my father's cabinet factory. I didn't want to hang around there, so I turned around and demanded that my friend tell me where the vehicles were.

The next thing I know, I was on Facebook, reading posts by friends. One in particular caught my eye. It appears the rock band Anberlin had made an appearance on the campus of Southern Adventist University (the college I attend) while I was away for the summer, and had pictures of the event. According to the caption, they had been discussing with locals about what kind of O'Doul's non-alcoholic beer was the best. Then my alarm woke me up.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure where the rest of your dream came from, but the non-alcoholic beer part probably came from our Saturday evening conversation with Stephen before grad.

    ReplyDelete