Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Underwater Shark Arrows

I dreamed I was in a huge room filled with water, machinery, people, and sharks. The water was very deep, and while it didn't fill the room to the top, it was probably a good 100-150 feet deep. Nearly everything in the room, including me, was underwater. Close to me, there were pumps hard at work churning the water into a violent froth. A little bit farther off was an underwater observation deck of sorts, where people were looking out through the gargantuan expanse of the room. Off in the distance, I could see heavy metal stilts supporting platforms on the surface.

At some point I exited the water, and stood beside an inlet of sorts that had a backflow of water from the main area. I got there just as someone was scolding a child. As I listened, the scolder reminded the kid that sharks were not to play with, and one had to be very careful with them. They explained to him that the more you touched a shark, the more they became susceptible to the heavy toxins in the water of the backflow, and that their skin then merely fell off them, leaving the shark to die in a bloodbath. Literally. I watched as the carcass of one such unlucky animal slowly sunk to the depths, spewing clouds of red liquid as it descended.

Then, I decided to jump back into the main body of water and see what the observation platform was all about. I swam down as far as I could, but when I got right to the edge of the platform, I ran out of air. Then, because I wanted to live, I frantically began to paddle back up to the surface. It was too late. My vision began to fade, and I instinctively started trying to breathe, drawing in huge gulps of water.

Then, I either died or was saved somehow, because I found myself within a group of eager, happy children as we bobbed in the water. My sister Bryn was there, and seemed to be in charge of the children. However, she commissioned me to take over for a bit, so I could teach them how to swim, because we were going to try to get to the observation platform so they could see it. So I began to take over, teaching the kids various maneuvers they could use.

At some point, I left the children to tour the platforms at the surface. It appeared that they were part of a residential showroom of sorts, showcasing the kitchens and furniture people could choose to place in their prefab houses. Each structure had the name of a different American state, and were scattered around the larger room.

The next thing I remember, I was in a line of cars, with a random female I don't know in the passenger seat. As we waiting, a crazed, frantic man ran up to us, beating on my windshield. He had an arrow protruding from his mouth, and he pulled it out, ready to use it as a weapon. I somehow developed the impression that he was evil, and that he was chasing us and wanted us dead. The female and I ran out of the car, past the line, and up onto a curving road above. The arrow man sprinted after us. When we were too tired to continue, he caught up to us and yanked other arrows from his torso, trying to stab us with them. I grabbed the one in his mouth an attempted to reciprocate, but failed as he snatched it from me, just as another grew out of his mouth to take its place. I had a feeling of doom and despair.

Then some unrelated random things happened before I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's quite an amalgamation of things to dream about. Interesting how there were sharks in it as well as kitchens, Bryn and children.

    ReplyDelete