Friday, July 16, 2010

The Lost Dreams, Part 2: The Mountain

This is a recurring dream I have been having every once in a long while for years:

I don't know how it usually starts, but at some point it's always basically the same. I am with a group of friends, walking through a field, and we find ourselves trudging up a brownish, sparsely-vegetated mountain. The mountain has two humps on it, with somewhat of a hollow in between. I usually run up ahead or something, and in time we find ourselves on the top of the mountain. The main recurring part of this dream is the mountain. I have had dreams where I'm driving down it, running on it, or driving or walking past it in a wealthy neighborhood, with the mountain peeking up on my right-hand side.

I guess it sounds stupid, but the mountain became very meaningful to me. I remember that the first time I was on it, I felt that I had seen it before, and that it was really familiar to me. When I woke up, I really wanted to remember where it was so I could go there. It was a pretty cool place, with a great view and a nice area. At any rate, even though I haven't ever really been there, I still think my mountain is out there somewhere, waiting for me to find it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's cool. I hope you find it someday! Kind of sounds a bit like it might be near Hope...

    ReplyDelete