Monday, December 20, 2010

Village Road Guitar

A lot of my dreams involve snow.

Last night, I was in a small, snowy village. There was a huge event going on, and here is what I think it was:

There were lots of us gathered together, and at some point, we all started racing each other through and around the village's buildings. I was in a small grey skimmer sled of some kind. I was viewing myself drive from a third-person perspective, almost like a videogame. At one point, I was desperately trying to get into a concrete culvert, as it was the next point in the race. I had to try several times to key a switch with the front of my sled, but finally a tunnel opened and I could pass through.

I can remember some vague village-wide controversy after the race. It involved me and some other guy my age. I think we were trying to capture or injure one another. At any rate, it took both of us all our cunning to outsmart the other.

Whatever happened, I was next walking down a snowless gravel road, with trees on either side. I was with a group of peers, and I think we were trying to find something that had been left on the road. From time to time, we stopped and took group pictures.

The next thing I knew, I was on a huge balcony in a gigantic metal, concrete, and glass building of some kind. There was a huge crowd of people just sitting on the balcony and conversing with each other. I knew most everyone there, and music was being played to us over speakers. I had a guitar in my hand, and was trying to show a friend of mine a song I like ("The Modern Leper" by Frightened Rabbit), but was failing horribly at synchronizing the chords and melody. After awhile I gave up successfully showing him, and moved on to mope and practice a bit. Then I got the melody back, and started successfully performing the song.

After a bit, I got bored of it, and so resorted to absently picking in harmony to the music being played above us. Just then, a real-world girl from my college turned to me and told me that I "play amazing." I grinned sheepishly and sidestepped the praise, gloating inside at my greatness.

I turned away and awoke.

2 comments: